Shipping & Return Information
(Frequently Asked Questions)
1) How long does it take to ship?
2) How will I know if an item is out of stock?
3) Can I pay by paypal? Money Order? Which Credit Cards are Accepted?
4) Can I cancel my order before Shipment?
5) How much does it cost to ship?
6) How do I add insurance?
7) What if my package arrives damaged from the mail?
8) What is your Return Policy?
9) Is there a Restocking Fee?
10) What if I changed the delivery destination AFTER the item shipped?
1) Items in stock are usually shipped within 1-3 days after receipt of payment, not including shipping time. If you send a check, it MUST wait to be cleared (this delays the order by an additional 5-7 days). Money Orders, Cashier's Checks, Credit Card Payments on the website, or Paypal do not delay the order.
2) Occasionally an item goes out of stock and needs to be backordered. If an item needs to be backordered, I will notify you via email. All backorders will be shipped as soon as available. This may require additional shipping costs so if you want to wait for the backordered item to come in and have everything shipped at once, know that your order will be slightly delayed. Please let me know when you order if you want me to ship available items and then ship the backorder when it comes in or if you want to wait to have everything shipped at once.
3) Yes, you may pay via paypal. Simply send us an email first to confirm we have the items you want to purchase. Our email is: Sew-Dolling@cox.net Once we receive your email, we will send you a confirmation number. You may then send payment directly to our paypal account or ask for an invoice to be emailed to you.
Money orders are fine too.
They may be sent to:
Sew Dolling, LLC
P.O. Box 53
East Greenwich, RI 02818
We accept Mastercard or Visa on our website. All you have to do to order is click on the "Add to Cart" Buttons to the add the items to your shopping cart. once you are ready to check out, click on the "Ready to Checkout" button at the top or bottom of any page.
5)* Estimated Shipping Costs * (International rates are higher)
Furniture or Heavy Items may require additional shipping cost
Example: Trunks range $12.00-$18.00
These are shipping "estimates" only and may need to be adjusted up or down depending on what you are ordering.* *International Orders are Higher
Please email me firstname.lastname@example.org for international charges.
*We HIGHLY RECOMMEND INSURING ALL ITEMS*
The post office and UPS increase their rates often - these estimates can quickly become outdated. However, we always try to find the most economical rate for you. You can easily see the Actual Rates when you place your order. At the top of the View Order page, next to the shipping options, it says "See Rates" All you have to do is click on "See Rates" and then enter is your zip code and the rates will show you actual cost according to each shipping method.
6) Insurance is 2.65 and then 2 cents per dollar This is automatically added to all of the website orders. If you pay by paypal, you will need to add that separately.
7) Although damage is quite rare by either shipping company, it does happen on occasion. In the RARE case of damage by UPS or USPS, you must email us (within 10 business days of receiving the item) to obtain the Tracking Numbers and/or Insurance Information (We will have that information *IF* you insured it). You MUST keep all packaging materials from either the post office or UPS as they will want to inspect the packaging, damage, etc. We take every precaution to package your items with the best care possible. We often go out of our way to make sure it is going to travel safely because we know how disappointing it can be to receive something that was poorly packaged! After contacting us for the insurance information, we will need to contact either the post office or UPS (depending on how it was shipped to you) so they may send both of us the appropriate claims form. I will certainly supply any information you need to have on your claim form so it will be handled as quickly as possibly. Please note that we haven't had any items that were delivered to anyone in damaged condition. However,
* WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND INSURING ALL ITEMS! *
8) Because a portion of EVERY sale is donated directly to help traumatized or abused children or animals, we can ONLY accept returns for Merchandise Credit or Same Item Only! If you need to return an item, we require that you notify us within 10 DAYS of receiving the items and KEEP ALL PACKAGING FOR DAMAGE CLAIMS (no exceptions - UPS needs this packing material if they come to pick up the package for inspection). You MUST first e-mail us with an explanation. We will then e-mail you back with a return authorization number & shipping address. Do not send items back WITHOUT an RMA (return authorization number) or it will be refused and shipped back to you. We can not refund shipping charges.
9) If you want to return something and it is within the 10 days, we will accept returns if the items are returned in the same packaging and new condition that they were mailed to you. If the items are in perfect condition but must be repackaged, a 15% restocking fee will be deducted. Merchandise must NOT be used or altered in any way. All items are exchangeable for the SAME ITEM or STORE CREDIT ONLY MINUS the shipping costs. We cannot accept any COD's and we RECOMMEND INSURING RETURN ITEMS for your benefit! In returning any item, we will do all we can to either make it right or replace it with the same item. If we are unable to do this, we will issue a merchandise credit minus the shipping which is good for one year from order date. All cancellations prior to shipment will incur a small transaction fee.
10) UPS now charges a $10.00 fee for all incorrect or re-directed shipments. If you are going to have the item redirected after it is shipped, this $10 will be incurred on your card. Please have the correct shipping address on hand when you place your order.
We will supply you with an address for returns - please do NOT send returns to the P.O. Box. This delays processing your return.